This Ivory Silk Duvet Cover is part of our Bed Linen collection and crafted from our signature fabric in 22 momme that is unparalleled in quality.
All our silk bed linen begins by selecting only the finest 100% long-strand Mulberry Silk. From there we employ the latest modern technology with a specialised weave and finishing process to produce an exquisite, indulgent fabric. One that exhibits a refined matt lustre, with pearlescent highlights and an incredibly smooth, supple hand feel. Fitting for such beautiful fabric, only the most skilled artisans carefully craft each item for an inimitable finish and feel.
- Soft, smooth hand-feel, durable, rich lustre with a refined matt sheen
- MayfairSilk® is not glossy - better matching contemporary tastes
- Temperature regulating, it maintains an ideal temperature across all seasons for sleeping
- Hypoallergenic with strong resistance to dust mites
- Maintains skin hydration
- All-natural protein fibre that's comprised of 18 amino acids and has a similar pH to your skin
- 22-Momme Grade 6A 100% Pure Mulberry Silk
- Hidden button closure
- Designed in London and made to last
- Requires less frequent washing than cotton
- Sustainably produced
- Certified Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex®
Crafted in 22 Momme from only the finest grade 6A long-fibre Mulberry Silk with a specially commissioned weave and finishing. This imbues our fabric with its trademark qualities of an incredibly smooth hand-feel, thickness, durability, rich lustre and a refined 'matt' finish.
Certified Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex®:
One of the world's best-known certificates for textiles tested for harmful substances. It stands for customer confidence and high product safety. You can be certain that every component of this product, i.e. every thread, button and accessory, has been tested for harmful substances and is free from all toxic dyes and chemicals.
Our design philosophy is a calming, balanced colour palette playing with contrasts and vibrant highlights to create an aura of beauty and happiness after a long day.
Pair this duvet cover with a matching or contrasting fitted sheet, flat sheet and pillowcases for a sleep that's like floating in clouds.
- Double: 200 x 200cm (79 x 79in)
- Kingsize: 230 x 220cm (90 x 87in)
- Superking: 260 x 220cm (102 x 87in)
- Emperor: 290 x 235cm (114 x 92in)
Reference - UK Standard Bed sizes - refer to size chart:
- Double: 135 x 190cm (4ft 6" x 6ft 3")
- Kingsize: 150 x 200cm (5ft x 6ft 6")
- Superking: 180 x 200cm (6ft x 6ft 6")
- Emperor: 200 x 200cm (6ft 6" x 6ft 6")
Packaging: 34x31x5cm (HxWxD).
Your MayfairSilk™ Duvet Cover will provide many years of enjoyment when you follow these simple care instructions. Due to its natural properties, you will find it requires less frequent washing than cotton bed linen:
- Machine-wash in tepid water (< 30ºC / 86ºF) on delicate cycle.
- Hand-wash in tepid water (< 30ºC / 86ºF).
- Use 'delicate' pH neutral liquid detergent without enzymes.
- Do not use bleach, whiteners or fabric softeners.
- Do not wring or tumble dry.
- Place duvet cover flat between two cotton towels and press/roll gently. Most of the water will transfer into the towels. Unroll, reshape and hang/line dry in the shade.
- Use handheld steamer to relax creases if required (using silk attachment), or
- Iron on low heat inside out whilst still slightly damp to relax creases.
- You can dry clean if required (no trichloroethylene).
Traditionally, silk with its low momme weight was hand-wash or dry clean only. However, MayfairSilk pillowcases, duvet covers and bed sheets are crafted from a higher momme silk and using a special weave so there is more silk per inch. This makes it not only machine washable, but also provides longer durability, smoother hand-feel and deeper lustre. 22 Momme is estimated to last approximately 30% longer than 19 Momme bed linen.
Standard liquid washing detergents are either too acidic or alkaline for silk, that requires a neutral pH. Silk has a similar pH to human skin, and using standard washing detergents harden the silk fibres. Standard detergents also contain 'enzymes' that attack the silk proteins, damaging the fabric, reducing the life, sheen, suppleness and softness in short order.
So that's it. MayfairSilk is surprisingly easy to care for. Keep heat low, pH neutral detergent without enzymes, line dry in the shade. Silk is long lasting (with high momme), all natural, hypoallergenic and sustainably produced. It's truly nature's gift. Discover for yourself why it has been regarded as the "Queen of Textiles" for over 4000 years. MayfairSilk™, where tradition meets modern design and weaving technology.
Orders before 2pm on a weekday are dispatched same day using tracked, contactless delivery.
- Next day delivery to Mainland UK. Free for orders over £50, otherwise £2.95.
- 2-4 days delivery to the Highlands & Islands. Free for orders over £75, otherwise £8.95.
- 3-6 days for Europe (Covid has reduced the number of flights operating). Free for orders over £100, otherwise £9.95.
- 4-8 days for International (Covid has reduced the number of flights operating). Free for orders over £130, otherwise £15.95.
See more information on delivery.
We want the world to discover the joy and benefits from sleeping with silk. This product has a 30-day sleep guarantee.
Simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your returns authorisation before sending the order by tracked post to our returns address.
See more details on returns & refunds.