This Charcoal Silk Face Mask is the smart choice for face-covering in the age of COVID-19 as the latest research found it to be the ideal material as a protective barrier for personal face coverings. Since government regulations around the world are mandating the use of personal face coverings, we decided to design our own using our beautiful MayfairSilk fabric.
Designed to contour around your nose and jawline to fit comfortably for most face shapes with minimal gaps. The ear loops are elastic and comfortable to wear all day and the integrated wire on the nose bridge can be adjusted to provide a snug, clean fit. These protective masks are made with 3-layers of the finest 100% pure Mulberry Silk in 22 momme which breathes more freely than other fabrics, whilst reducing the internal humidity that occurs with cotton/synthetic masks. Customers have found their skin has cleared up (as other cotton/synthetic masks were beginning to cause acne).
Silk is naturally thermoregulating, hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, sustainably produced and biodegradable at the end-of-life.
These protective masks are made with 3-layers of the finest 22 momme 100% pure Grade 6A Mulberry Silk.
- 3-layer construction as recommended by latest guidelines
- Adjustable nose wire to help seal airflow gaps from the top
- Soft elasticated earloops for comfort
- Machine washable
- Outer: 100% MayfairSilk (22 Momme Grade 6A Mulberry Silk)
- Lining: 100% MayfairSilk (22 Momme Grade 6A Mulberry Silk)
- Inner: 100% MayfairSilk (22 Momme Grade 6A Mulberry Silk)
Summary of the research linked above: "As a protective barrier and face covering, silk is more effective at impeding the penetration and absorption of droplets due to its greater hydrophobicity relative to other tested fabrics (cotton, polyester). Conclusions: Silk is an effective hydrophobic barrier to droplets, more breathable than other fabrics that trap humidity, and are readily re-usable via cleaning."
It's a wonder material. Read more of the general silk benefits here.
Take advantage of our bulk pricing and mix and match colours:
Don't want all the same colour? No problem, simply select how many Charcoal you would like and then head over to the Twilight Blue Face Mask here, do the same and receive bulk pricing on the total ordered combined. Mix and match, and gift to friends.
Note these are not rated as medical-grade PPE, so should not be used as a surgical face mask or in place of an N95 mask if required. They are perfectly suited as a face covering to meet government guidelines for use in public.
"Face masks are everywhere and compulsory in many countries at the moment. It has never been more important to think about the fabric that we are in contact with for long periods at a time, in hot and quite humid weather. Mulberry silk of the highest quality as used by MayfairSilk uses the highest quality mulberry silk for its face masks and that provides a natural, breathable and hypoallergenic solution - not to mention it feels great against your skin too." - Dr. Sweta Rai, MBBS (Hons); MRCP Dermatology(UK); MRCP Dermatologic Surgery (UK); Procedural Dermatology (USA)
Caring for your silk face mask:
• For cleaning, use a delicate detergent (non-bio, pH neutral, without enzymes) at 30ºC water temp. Do not wring dry. Lay a clean and dry cotton bath towel on a table and place the face mask on top, folding the towel over and press gently to transfer the water from the face mask to the towel. Then hang to dry - do not tumble dry. You can then use a steamer to relax any creases or a cool iron whilst the fabric is still slightly damp (silk is best ironed when not completely dry). Read more on silk care instructions here.
Note: Due to hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns on face masks.