This Charcoal Silk Face Covering is the comfortable and responsible choice in the age of COVID-19.
Ultra-soft, breathable, washable and reusable, it's handcrafted in 3-layers of our beautiful pure Mulberry Silk fabric. Say goodbye to 'Maskne' (acne caused by surgical face coverings).
Designed to contour around your nose and jawline to fit comfortably for most face shapes with minimal gaps.
The ear loops are elastic and adjustable, so it's comfortable to wear all day and the integrated wire on the nose bridge can be adjusted to provide a snug, clean fit.
- Reusable / machine-washable
- Outer: 100% MayfairSilk (22 Momme Grade 6A Mulberry Silk)
- Lining: 100% MayfairSilk (22 Momme Grade 6A Mulberry Silk)
- Inner: 100% MayfairSilk (22 Momme Grade 6A Mulberry Silk)
- 3-layer construction as recommended by latest guidelines
- Adjustable nose wire to help seal airflow gaps from the top
- Soft elasticated 'adjustable' earloops for comfort (improved design)
Crafted from 3-layers of the finest 22 momme 100% pure Grade 6A Mulberry Silk that we use in our bed linen.
Pure Mulberry Silk breathes more freely than other fabrics, whilst reducing the internal humidity that occurs with cotton/synthetic masks and provides a more effective barrier as it is hydrophobic. Customers have found their skin has cleared up (as other cotton/synthetic masks were beginning to cause mask acne).
Silk is naturally thermoregulating, hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, sustainably produced and biodegradable at the end-of-life.
"Face masks are everywhere and compulsory in many countries at the moment. It has never been more important to think about the fabric that we are in contact with for long periods at a time, in hot and quite humid weather. Mulberry silk of the highest quality, as used by MayfairSilk for its face masks, provides a natural, breathable and hypoallergenic solution - not to mention it feels great against your skin too." - Dr. Sweta Rai, MBBS (Hons); MRCP Dermatology(UK); MRCP Dermatologic Surgery (UK); Procedural Dermatology (USA)
Summary of the research linked above: "As a protective barrier and face covering, silk is more effective at impeding the penetration and absorption of droplets due to its greater hydrophobicity relative to other tested fabrics (cotton, polyester). Conclusions: Silk is an effective hydrophobic barrier to droplets, more breathable than other fabrics that trap humidity, and are readily re-usable via cleaning."
It's a wonder material. Read more of the general silk benefits here.
Take advantage of our bulk pricing and mix and match colours:
Note these are not rated as medical-grade PPE, so should not be used as a surgical face mask or in place of an N95 mask if required. They are perfectly suited as a face covering to meet government guidelines for use in public.
- One-size, with adjustable elasticated earloops for comfort.
- Adjustable internal nose-bridge wire for a snug fit.
Caring for your silk face mask:
- For cleaning, use a delicate detergent (non-bio, pH neutral, without enzymes) in tepid water (<30ºC/86ºF).
- Do not wring dry. Lay a clean and dry cotton bath towel on a table and place the face mask on top, folding the towel over and press gently to transfer the water from the face mask to the towel. Then hang to dry - do not tumble dry.
- You can then use a steamer to relax any creases or a cool iron whilst the fabric is still slightly damp (silk is best ironed when not completely dry).
Orders before 2pm weekdays are dispatched same day using tracked, contactless delivery.
- Free delivery for UK Mainland orders of £50 and above.
- £2.95 for UK Mainland orders under £49.99.
- All orders are sent by DPD Tracked & Signed.
- *Order before 2pm (Mon-Thu) for dispatch same day on next day delivery.
- *Orders before 2pm on Friday will be collected for Monday delivery, unless you select the Saturday delivery option.
- Saturday delivery option: available to the UK Mainland via DPD Tracked & Signed when you order before 2pm Friday. Free for orders over £150, £6.95 for orders over £50, otherwise £9.95.
- *Orders over the weekend will be dispatched Monday for Tuesday delivery.
- Postcodes outside UK Mainland may have additional delivery times, see details here
International orders are sent via DHL Express on a DDP basis (inclusive of all import duty/taxes). This service gives you a clear and simple shopping experience so you are aware of all charges before you purchase. We will calculate, display and collect these for you at checkout. We will then manage the all the tax payments and paperwork on import so you have a simple, smooth and effortless shopping experience with delivery to your front door in a matter of days.
See delivery page for full details on international shipping.
Returns (Risk free shopping):
We believe in the quality of our products, and stand by them. If you are not completely satisfied with your MayfairSilk® purchase, you have not used or washed the product and you return it to us in its original, unopened packaging within 45 days of the tracked delivery date (the day you receive the product), we will refund the product purchase price in full.
For full details on returns please visit our guarantee & returns page here.